Tips and Tricks on How to Fight Acne
1. Watch what you eat- they say that chocolate causes acne but so do other foods too. So if you are having a major breakout, look back at what you've been recently eating.
2. Wash your face each night to remove dirt, oil, debris, pollution, and makeup
3. Pay attention as to where you are having your breakouts- studies show that breakouts around the jawline is caused by hormones. It can also be caused by talking on your cell phone too often.
4. Don't pick at or pop your pimples- when you do this, it pushes the bacteria down and worsens the acne. If you feel that you want to pop it, try the following methods to relieve the pain.
Apply Colgate toothpaste directly to the pimple
Take a shower or bath and place a warm washcloth on the infected area
Try using Clinique's Acne Clearing Gel (the gel work phenomenal for me and you can use it on small and large areas)
If you aren't allergic, apply a product that contains benzoyl peroxide (it fights the bacteria)
5. Exfoliate your skin- if you aren't currently exfoliating your skin, I would recommend starting. By exfoliating your skin, it not only removes the dead skin cells that are on the surface, but it allows moisturizers and serums to go deeper and work more effectively. When you apply a moisturizer on top of non-exfoliated skin, you are mixing the moisturizer with the dead skin cells and the moisturizer doesn't actually go beneath the surface. It just sits on top. So if you have oily skin, you may end up feeling oilier than if you had exfoliated first.
6. Get onto a skin care regiment- I would recommend having a makeup removing cleanser, a gentle soap that removes dirt and oil, an exfoliator (I use the Clinique Clarifying Lotion), a serum, an eye cream, and a day & nighttime moisturizer. Remember to not cleanse your face more than twice a day.